1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by Zenon Hemp Farm.
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are perishable (e.g. food, flowers, newspapers, magazines) or where they are intimate or sanitary goods (like underwear), or where they are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a gift card or gift wrapping service
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 7 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 7 working days.
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we’ll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
10. If you haven’t received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn’t been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.
14 days to cancel and return purchases made outside shops (online, by phone or mail order)
In the EU you have the right to return these purchases within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.
The 14-day “cooling off” period does not apply to all purchases. Some of the exemptions are:
- plane and train tickets, as well as concert tickets, hotel bookings, car rental reservations and catering services for specific dates
- goods and drinks delivered to you by regular delivery – for example delivery by a milkman.
- goods made to order or clearly personalised – such as a tailor-made suit
- sealed audio, video or computer software, such as DVDs, which you have unsealed upon receipt.
- online digital content, if you have already started downloading or streaming it
- goods bought from a private individual rather than a company
- urgent repairs and maintenance contracts – if you call a plumber to repair a leaking shower, you can’t cancel the work once you have agreed on the price of the service.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
If you buy goods in a shop, you have no EU legal right to return the goods (for exchange or refund) unless the item is faulty. However, many shops voluntarily allow customers to return or exchange goods during a certain time period. Make sure you check the returns policy of the shop where you made your purchase.
The “cooling off” period expires 14 days after the day you received your goods. For service contracts, the “cooling off” period expires 14 days after the day you concluded the contract. If the cooling off period expires on a non-working day, your deadline is extended till the next working day.
You can’t change your mind for some types of purchases
Jane bought a ticket online for a U2 concert in Ireland. She found out the following day that she would have to be out of the country on the concert date, and attempted to cancel her ticket. However, the online trader refused to cancel the order and give her a refund, as the 14 day colling off period doesn’t apply to concert ticket purchases.
How to cancel a purchase
You must tell the trader that you want to cancel the purchase. It is not enough to just send the goods back. The trader must provide you with a model withdrawal form which you can use to tell them about your decision, but you don’t have to use it.
You can inform the trader and send back the goods at the same time, for example, by adding a written statement with the goods that you are returning by post, or by sending a fax or e-mail.
You must send the unused goods back within 14 days of informing the trader.
Some traders may not charge you for returning the goods. However, the trader should inform you if you have to pay the costs of returning the goods. If they don’t inform you that you must pay for your return, the trader will have to pay the cost of your return. You don’t have to pay any other charges that you were not informed of.
For bulky goods (such as large household equipment), the trader must give you at least an estimation of the cost of returning them. Bulky goods bought from a door-to-door salesperson and delivered to you immediately must always, however, be collected by the trader at their own expense.
The trader must give you a refund within 14 days of receipt of your cancellation, but they can delay refunding you if they haven’t received the goods or evidence that you’ve returned them.
This refund must include any shipping charges you paid when you made your purchase. However, the trader may charge you delivery costs if you specifically requested non-standard (express) delivery.